MY TRIP TO LONDON (By Mateo Cano, 2nd Bachiller B)







 

Last December we travelled to one of the most renowned cities in Europe: London. The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about the trip is feeling extremely anxious about the fact that I was about to travel by plane (since it was my first time). The next thing that I remember is the bus ride through the city. Right after that, it started what has been for me: the trip that I will never forget about in my life. 

Throughout the seven days we spent there, we did a wide range of activities to get to know the city and its culture which was the main aim of the trip and improving our English. In my point of view, the city is gorgeous. It has lots of museums where we learnt tons of new things and we had fun, and other different monuments such us the amazing Big Ben or Buckingham Palace. However, the worst part of trying to get to all those places was having to walk so much,  as we walked around 20km per day (except the last day when we got the underground)However, while we were visiting the city we got in touch with the British way of living and, what I liked the most was the fact that London is a very multicultural, diverse as well as open-minded society, due to the fact that, there, everybody is who they really want to be, regardless of the opinion of others. Of course, we did not have time to get bored since a lot of weird and hilarious things happened to us, such as a mouse running under our tables at a restaurant or a woman thinking I was trying to steal something from her, or when we had to run through all the airport as we were about to miss our flight because Miguel’s nose was bleeding. 

During all those days we were between 2 and 3 degrees, so if you are about to travel to London at Christmas, remember to take warm clothes and boots because of the snow. You must keep in mind that you should exchange your money for pounds too, even though, everybody uses a credit card nowadays. However, the worst thing about it is trying to find a cheap, but high-quality, restaurant so you will probably have to eat in fast-food restaurants most of the time. In addition, you ought to visit Big Ben, the National Art Gallery, the Tate Modern and Westminster Abbey as well as Buckingham Palace. 

As far as I’m concerned, it was one of the best trips of my life. I will always remember it since I spent the whole time laughing and having fun with my classmates as well as learning lot of new things about London. It has also helped me to improve my English skills. To conclude, I would like to thank the English Department for organizing it and all the teachers that travelled with us for being so nice and for all the patience they had. 

Comments