MY TRIP TO LONDON (By Claudia Carbonell, 2nd Bachiller B)








Did you know that London is one of the most intercultural cities in the world? Well, I didn't but I had the opportunity of seeing it with my own eyes when my class and I travelled to this incredible place last December. I was lucky enough to have been able to go there four years ago for a couple of days. However, this time I could get to know the city in a whole different way and live a stunning experience with my friends. 

  

On the first day, we got to go on a bus that would take us to the city of London while giving us a tour of the most iconic highlights of the city that we would visit during the rest of the week. The museums that we got to attend were all astonishing. My favourite was the Natural History Museum but the British Museum and the National Gallery were gorgeous as well. Another place that literally took my breath away was the Sky Garden because I personally had never heard about it before and it was awesome. We got to see the greatest views of the whole city. It was really impressive and not scary at all, I am not really a fan of heights. 

Getting to know some aspects of London's history was also really great, we visited a bunch of imposing monuments and buildings that are absolutely a must-see, such as Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and many others. 

  

After this trip, I would probably advise anyone who is planning to travel there soon to walk the city as much as they can since it really is the way of knowing in a real and closer way what a city is about. It was for sure exhausting because we walked way more than any of us had anticipated but it was so worth it. Wandering through all the areas, including the non-tourist, was what I liked the most by far. 

Also, if anyone is thinking about travelling to London in winter, they may want to bring the warmest clothes in their closet as it was crazy freezing. I didn't enjoy the low temperatures as much because I do not like the cold but the snow decorating the streets and buildings was such a sight for sore eyes. 

  

The trip turned out to be way better than I could have ever imagined. I really had a ball with my classmates and teachers, who were really lovely and attentive to us. I laughed so hard the entire trip with all of them, got to learn a lot and meet people from all over the world. I would encourage anyone to try living an experience like this because I assure you that you will never forget it. 

Comments